2009年12月15日火曜日

Table Manners
1.Have you ever eaten in a restaurant in a foreign country? Where? What did you eat? Did you make any mistakes? Please explain your experience.
I have eaten in a restaurant in foreign countries but i don't remember any mistakes, but when my host family in Australia came to Japan, i found the culture differences at the noodle restaurant. I took them to the noodle restaurant, and we ordered the noodles. We ate them, making noise, but they didn't make any noise, and they ate the noodle like the spaghetti, winding the noodles on the chopsticks. I was very surprised, and I found that it was very rude for them to make noise when they eat something.

2. Did you learn anything?
I was embarrassed when I noticed the fact, and I told my father to do not make noise when we ate noodles in front of them, but he said "they are in Japan now, so we should not feel embarrassed, and we should not have to adapt their way of eating. We should tell them to make noise! It is the best way to eat the noodles in Japan!" He told them how to make noise. I learned that there are not correct ways to eat, and it is depends on the countries. I should have not been embarrassed at the moment because it was in Japan.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, chiken. Seems you got the point through experience! I agree, there is no corect way, it depends on country, because table manners are also a part of the culture :)

    返信削除
  2. I agree with you!!!
    We have to be proud of our culture to make noise when we eat noodles!!!!! lol

    返信削除
  3. Hello!!!
    I have to attention that I don't try to make noise when I eat noodles in foreign country. Thank you!!

    返信削除
  4. Hi! I agree with you.
    We have to think about our culture to make noise when we eat noodles....

    It's a difficult question...

    返信削除